NO WAY: My Mom Had A Stroke, Now What Do I Do?

When first talking to John, the social worker for the rehab floor at the Hospital, I asked him “Is there a book I can read to help me through all this?” Pointing to my hand, “That folder I gave you has some pamphlets with information regarding causes for stokes and recovery for victims,” was his response. “No, no. I mean I’m a daughter of a woman who recently had a stroke and I don’t know what to do. Like the book would be called ‘My Mom Had A Stroke, Now What Do I Do?’ You know of any books like that?” John, the social worker who I soon learned is a Mecca of social workers for rehab patients in the Chambersburg area, replied “No. I haven’t heard of anything like that.” And so, 6 years later, I decided to start this blog.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Finally the Beginning

Greetings

This blog is finally underway.  After pondering over the idea of writing about our family's experience with the stroke Mom suffered just about 6 years ago, it has taken me literally 2 minutes to set up this blog.  And so the journey of revisiting these episodes in our lives begins.  This will be an interesting ride, to look back knowing what we know now. Some passages may be still be too fresh, we may cry. Yet after reading through some of the emails, there is sure to be many smiles and a wee bit of laughter too.

The stroke happened on September 30, 2006.  This coming Sunday, September 30, 2012, 6 years to the day, I plan to post about the phone call I received from Dad and the events leading up to the first email  in which I sent to many of you to carry the message of the massive stroke that caused Mom and our family much upheaval.

Be sure to click on the Follow button to the right of this post and you will be sent an email when new posts are made.  I plan to post the next email in the series each Sunday.

Much Love,
Peggy Anne

No comments:

Post a Comment